Lynnwood Criminal Defense Attorney
Michael P. Sheehy has built an exceptional reputation and practice focusing entirely on criminal defense. He prides himself on being a dedicated, aggressive, and compassionate advocate for his clients. He has successfully litigated a full spectrum of criminal offenses from misdemeanors to high profile felony cases. His lengthy career as a prosecutor gave him invaluable insight into the criminal justice system and his experience has produced exceptional results for his clients. In addition, he is a qualified administrator for standardized field sobriety tests, giving him an advantage in defending DUI charges throughout Washington.
He was a City Prosecuting Attorney for the City of Lynnwood and continued his career as a prosecutor at the Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. As a Snohomish County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, he litigated a complete range of felony and misdemeanor offenses including drug, theft, domestic violence, DUI’s, and serious assault cases.
Contact the Law Office of Michael P. Sheehy, PLLC for a free initial case evaluation!
Legal Advocate for Military Members
He completed the United States Air Force Judge Advocate Staff Officer School and is a commissioned officer for the Washington Air National Guard. He has been a member of the Air National Guard for over 12 years. As a Staff Judge Advocate (JAG), he defends military personnel facing adverse actions and provides legal advice to unit commanders. He has been admitted to practice law in the State of Washington, the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces in Washington, D.C., and in the United States Federal District Court. Click here to view Mr. Sheehy’s Air Force Commendation Medal that he was given for his meritous legal service and advisement!
- Superb Rating on Avvo
- 2012-2015 Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Criminal Defense
- Rising Star in Washington Law & Politics Magazine, 2010
- Air Force Commendation Medal, 2012
- U.S. Air Force Judge Advocate General’s School, Military Law, 2004
- Washburn University School of Law, JD, 2000
- University of Kansas, BA, 1994
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate at 141st Air Refueling Wing – Air National
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney at Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney’s
- Assistant Prosecutor at City of Lynwood, 2001
- Washington State Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington State Air National Guard
To view information about our legal assistant, Wendy Cochinella, click here.